Mindfulness uses clinically proven techniques to guide you into making significant positive changes in a relatively short space of time.
At the heart of Mindfulness is a conscious focusing of attention on the present moment without judging the experience. This allows us to become more aware of our thoughts, our emotions, and our bodily sensations. Through recognising our habits and automatic ways of reacting, we can learn to navigate challenges more effectively and make choices which are more aligned to what we truly need. We can learn to accept how things are, giving us more control in our choices on how we want to live our lives.
Those who regularly practise Mindfulness may find transformative benefits for the body and mind, such as:
- Increased sense of relaxation and calm
- Energy boost, improved immune function and reduced blood pressure
- A richer connection with others
- Greater release from the ‘worry mind’
- Distance from your thoughts to quieten your mind
- A renewed zest for life
- More self-confidence and kindness towards the self
- Less risk of experiencing stress, depression and anxiety
- Less danger of experiencing chronic pain and addiction
- Increased compassion for yourself, for our tribe and for our planet.
‘Unlike self-criticism, which asks if you’re good enough, self-compassion asks, what’s good for you?’ Kristin Neff